Child Hospitalised by Man O War Sting
An 11-year-old boy was hospitalised on Sunday, after being treated for a sting from a Portuguese Man o War.
The incident occurred on a beach in the La Marina area of Elche, when the boy was stung on his arm.
The boy was treated at the scene by rescuers, then sent to hospital as a precaution, where he was discharged a few hours later.
Beaches across the area have seen red flags on display warning bathers not to enter the sea as the jellyfish sightings are increasing.
Beaches in places like Torrevieja, Elche, Guardamar, El Campello, and Alicante have all been affected,