PROVINCIAL ENERGY BOOST

The provincial council of Alicante has approved over four million euro in grants destined towards energy saving projects that will benefit 43 municipalities in the province, with key focus being given towards Almoradí, Daya Vieja, Pilar de la Horadada and Rojales.

The aim of the injection of cash is for the creation of sustainable energy initiatives, which will subsequently reduce consumption and therefore offer future savings to the municipal funds, whilst achieving greater energy efficiency.

With the grants, municipalities may make improvements to street lighting and the lighting in municipal buildings, water heaters, also installing photovoltaic energy generators.

It is not just a cash handout to the municipal councils however, as the Provincial Council will pay 87.5% of the contributions of 3,713,624 euro, whilst the municipalities will have to assume the remaining 12.5%.

The grants are of varying amounts from 14,000 euro to 187,000 euro, with another 39 municipal applications possible in the future, once those councils are in a position to meet the financial investment for their part.

Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/46366/

Home Insurance | Spanish Home Insurance | Home Insurance in Spain | Spanish Property | Spain Property | Spanish Real Estate | Spain Real Estate

Load More Related Articles
Load More In Newspaper
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Bats – Good or Evil?

A guided walk is offered through the La Mata Natural Park (Torrevieja, Alicante), looking …