Six people from the same family, including three children, have died this morning in a house fire at their home in Tordómar, Burgos, and another five have been injured as a result.
Initial investigations suggest that the fire was started as a result of a spark from a fireplace igniting a sofa at around 02:30 on Saturday morning.
One person managed to escape the house and raise the alarm, but the rest of the family were trapped inside.
The deceased are a 59 year old woman, her two daughters aged 36 and 35, and three children aged between 4 and 6. The surviving occupants are two adults aged 34 and 37, and three children, including a child of just a few months of age, who suffered smoke inhalation. The owner of the house was also treated for anxiety upon hearing the news.
Filed under: http://www.theleader.info/article/42691/